The Center for Executive Coaching Advantage
The emphasis of our Certified Executive Coach training and credentialing program is simple: Get great clients, get great results, and build a successful practice.
Comparison with other Coach Training Programs
Watch out for programs that are only ACSTH providers
|Offers Board Certified Coach certification with all options
|Distance learning and/or seminar
|Start anytime via open enrollment and our convenient orientation process
|Focus on coaching executives, managers, up-and- coming talent, and business owners in a wide variety of organizations
||Avoid programs that are generic or focused on life coaching!
|27 in-depth, practical, cut-to-the-chase coaching methodologies that get results with demanding clients; note that we do not have roots in “life coaching” like other programs now getting into executive coaching space
|Robust approach that builds credibility in a market with high expectations of coaches
||Avoid the cheap, lightweight programs
|Hundreds of hours of audios and videos for self-study
|Live teleclasses and webinars taught directly by the founder and director — all focused on providing 5-10x return on investment for clients and sponsor organizations
||Watch for programs where your trainers don’t have an in-demand coaching practice
|Personalized support directly from the founder, who also has an active coaching practice — we are a boutique program which gives you all the support that you require
|Cohort of highly seasoned, accomplished, and intelligent professionals from around the world; plus we match you up with them for coaching practice to accelerate your logged coaching hours if you seek an ICF designation
|In-depth guidance, coaching, and processes to build a successful coaching practice — all from proven cases
||No other program offers our level of content and support. Guaranteed.
|We have trained people from top companies
|Uses actual cases, contracts, assessments, and coaching reviews from real clients to teach – not just never-ending coaching of other coaches about their current problems
|You are always a member and always receive mentoring, guidance, and support at no additional charge
Following are the ways that we help you succeed, as well as why we stand out:
- Proven coaching methodologies, processes, and tools. One of main reasons an executive hires a coach is because the coach
has a proven, proprietary methodology that gets results and addresses their most pressing issues. Unfortunately, most coaches don’t have a proprietary methodology, or even know what one is. They just ask open ended questions
in the hopes that the client has some sort of sudden insight. At the Center for Executive Coaching, we give you a the methods, processes, and tools for an efficient path to results with clients. We also show you how to
create your own coaching methodologies, so that you continue to stand apart with your own branding.
- A no-fluff focus on results to delight clients and have them keep inviting you back. If you aren’t getting specific, ambitious results with clients, you aren’t going to last long in this business. Our program
has no fluff. We give you ways to assess your client and the situation, understand gaps between where the client is and wants to go, and develop a clear path to getting results — results worth five to ten times your fees.
At the same time, we practice what we call “nowhere to hide coaching,” so that your clients are willing to look in the mirror and face the real issues.
- Not a life coaching or “coach light” program. Watch out for programs in the market that come from a life coaching bias, emphasize what seem to be fads or trends, are overly theoretical or academic, or that
don’t have the kind of substance that will appeal to demanding executives, managers, and HR decision makers. Even though those types of training programs were among the first in the market and are the largest, clients are
quick to shun coaches with that kind of training. Not every coach training program prepares you to succeed as an executive & leadership coach. There are many programs out there that we call “coach light” or that come from
a life coaching background. Assuming you can get yourself hired at all, the content that you learn in many of these programs will get you fired immediately — especially by a busy, already-successful, and skeptical executive.
That’s why every day we hear from coaches who went to other training programs – including some of the largest in the market — and then come to us saying, “My coach training program didn’t prepare me with the right content
or support to succeed as an executive coach.”
- Content with both depth and impact. Our content is rich and deep. It focuses on the key issues that executives face. We know what executives
expect, and we know that other programs fall short. When you join The Center for Executive Coaching you receive practical solutions to help your clients:
- overcome feelings of overwhelm and juggling multiple priorities;
- communicate powerfully;
- develop leadership presence;
- overcome beliefs that might be limiting their success;
- advance their careers;
- set strategic direction and implement strategic priorities effectively;
- engage and mobilize employees;
- build a powerbase of strong business relationships;
- make things happen in complex, politically-charged organizations;
- manage up successfully;
- collaborate effectively;
- influence others with impact;
- think comprehensively about complex issues to achieve clarity and make sound decisions;
- develop a high-performing culture;
- lead high-performing teams; and
- lead change effectively.
- A comprehensive approach. Some coaching programs focus only behaviors, while others only deal with one’s internal state and way of being. The Center for Executive Coaching takes a comprehensive view of the
client and of human performance. We start with perceptions, behaviors, and overall ways of being. Then we focus on the client’s relationships, key decisions, strategic issues, organizational culture, and even any distractions
outside of work that might have an impact on their performance. Even with this comprehensive approach, we still insist that our coaches learn how to coach efficiently. For this reason, we show you how to create a high-impact
coaching plan based on each client’s unique situation and goals.
- The practical “how” of coaching. In other programs, graduates are left hanging when it comes time to get into the real world. In contrast, we show you the how: how to set up engagements; how to lead productive
sessions; how to handle challenging clients; how to write a contract/proposal; how to assess; how to develop a coaching plan; and how to measure and track results.
- A practical process for results and client satisfaction. If you academic theory, join a ridiculously- priced program at a local college or university. Then come back to us to fill in the gaps. Our process
is grounded in best practices and proven theory. However, unlike other programs, we show you how to get measurable results with demanding executive-level clients and the people who decide to bring coaches into their organizations.
- Help to become an established expert and thought leader. To succeed as a coach, you should think of yourself as more than a coach. You are a thought leader, an expert, and a trusted advisor. Once you have
this perspective, huge opportunities become available to you. You can write books, speak, develop seminars, and become a sought-after expert in the market (yes, we have modules on these topics along with examples to guide
you). You can also offer multiple services to your clients, depending on your interests and talents, and including consulting, training, and facilitation. Of course, you can focus on offering one-on-one coaching, but with
this new perspective, you can become the go-to professional and open up all sorts of new possibilities. There is an art to making this happen, along with a few key skills and strategies. We show you how.
- An acclaimed toolkit of solutions for you to use immediately with your clients. This is not a fuzzy or theoretical program. You get practical, hard-hitting tools to use with your clients, including dozens
and dozens of interactive toolkits, processes, and methodologies loaded with insights and powerful questions for clients to consider. You can even adapt and re-brand these tools with your name and firm, so long as you give
us a footnote. This benefit saves you the trouble of having to reinvent the wheel and lets you get started immediately as an executive coach.
- Flexible for your busy schedule. Our members are often busy professionals, and some are working full time while preparing
to make a change. Others are completely available to dedicate their full attention to the program. That’s why we set our program up so that you can learn in the way that works best for you. It starts with an orientation
call to discuss your goals and develop the best approach for you, along with a Quick Start Guide and your syllabus. Then you choose from a variety of ways to learn the materials, depending on your schedule and preferences.
Listen to weekly live telecalls. Log into our member database to listen to all of our past telecalls. Practice coaching with other members, or with your colleagues; if you record these sessions, we are delighted to review
them for you. Set up coaching conversations with the Director and Founder. In addition, you get printed manuals that contain all of the tools and methodologies. Finally, we offer live seminars for those who want an intensive,
rapid path to Certification.
- Approved by the right organizations. We are approved by both the International Coach Federation, 60 hours towards
the Board Certified Coach (BCC) certification, and the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Click here to see the program description in ICF required format.
- We go way beyond teaching just the core competencies. Core competencies are crucial to learn, and yet they are not
enough to succeed as a coach. Unfortunately, that is where other coach training programs start and stop. Not here. We understand the psychology of different kinds of coaching clients, and train you to deliver solutions
that get results.
- Phenomenal business development system to attract clients, build your practice, and develop your own valuable brand. Yes, major organizations send their professionals to us for training as a coach. At the
same time, for the solo coaching professional or firm owner, you won’t find a better place to get the support you need to attract clients and build your practice. You get three marketing manuals, and valuable guidance about
the best way to set your practice apart, get clients, and build a firm. We are also delighted to review your marketing plans and messages; members rave about our ability to make their marketing strategies and materials
much more effective. The program is priced so that a single client pays back your investment immediately.
- Highly personal support throughout. This is a small, exclusive program. All teleclasses are taught directly by me, the Founder and Director of the program. You can email me any time to set up a meeting to
talk about your marketing, client situations, or practice coaching conversations. I pledge to get back to your requests within one business day, and members report that my personal commitment to their success is one of
the most remarkable parts of this program. We also match you up with other members on request, so that you can form alliances and get support from them, too.
- Unlike the directors in many other programs, our faculty has a full, successful coaching practice. This means that we bring real case studies and challenges to you
during classes, and keep updating the program with new examples and situations.
- An amazing cohort of fellow students — and we match you up for coaching practice to accelerate your learning and (if applicable) attainment of your ICF designation or BCC certification. Our members come from top companies and have a track record of achievement. They are seasoned professionals and already successful. Other coach training programs tend to take anyone with a pulse and a checkbook. We make sure our members have a record of accomplishment and can keep up with our fast pace and advanced content Also, we match you up with our members so that you can log coaching hours and get experience more quickly. Did you know that the ICF allows you to consider coaching practice with other coaches as paid coaching hours? You can, and that’s another advantage of our program. We set you up to accelerate your hours by matching you up with a pool of coaches. Even if an ICF designation is not one of your goals, we will still match you up to practice coaching with other coaches to help you develop your coaching skills, if you wish.
- Ongoing upgrades. We constantly add new content as part of your program. For instance, based on a recent assignment with a billion dollar organization, we added a PowerPoint training about engaging and mobilizing
employees, and another PowerPoint about leading up and influencing throughout an organization. Both of these presentations included live webinars (now recorded and in your member area). You are welcome to use these and
adapt them with your clients – giving you instant experience and solutions to offer in addition to the coaching toolkits already described.
Click here to read more about what sets us apart
This has added great insight into how to add value to client needs, exploring ways of converting challenges to opportunities and ideas into reality. Your ability to bring concepts into reality adds great value to each participant
so they can utilize the information in their coaching business.
– Catherine Rocheleau, Ignite Solutions Consulting
You get right to the point with strategies and structure for executive coaching. Thank you from moving me from being a generalist to being a specialist.
– Jim Reilly, Executive Coach, Keys to the Business
You helped clarify the direction for me to move forward. Excellent overall experience.
– Wolf Weber, Contigro Performance Solutions Ltd