A good executive coach training program should be based on the attributes of a good executive coach. Unfortunately, there are many, many people who call themselves executive coaches (not to mention business coaches, life coaches, and career coaches) who lack these attributes.
The Center for Executive Coaching is designed to offer you the following elements, which sets it apart from the rest:
1. A proven process for success with clients. 68% of people who hire an executive coach do so because the coach has a proprietary methodology. We show you how to create your own methodology, and give you two templates to do so. The first is an eight-part executive coaching methodology that we use to "talk shop." The second is a three-part template that our members, and I, have used to sell single coaching engagements valued in the hundreds of thousands.
2. Content with impact. Too many coaching programs just teach you to ask open ended questions so that the client has insights. That's a great way to get kicked out of any executive's office, and fast. The top-5% coach needs a set of tools and distinctions that apply to the executive's most pressing challenges: dealing with complexity, rapid change, engaging and mobilizing people, managing their powerbase, managing up, handling crises, avoiding burn out, advancing one's career, influencing with impact, thinking strategically, succession planning, etc. The Center for Executive Coaching focuses on these issues and gives you content that you can use immediately.
3. Coaching conversations that get results. Coaching is a conversation, really a series of conversations. Done right, coaching can move your clients forward and make them better. We have broken coaching down into 11 core conversations that you have to master. If you play tennis (or any sport), think of these as the equivalent of the forehand, backhand, volley, serve, overhead, drop shot, and slice. You need to know these shots before you can play the game. In coaching, you need to know the conversations that get results, and put them together to move your client forward.
4. A data-driven process without fluff. We call this nowhere-to-hide coaching. To make the case for change, you need your clients to be on board with objective data about their behavior, and with metrics in place to track results. Many coaching programs are way too fluffy, and don't assure results. We do.
5. A holistic focus. Some coaching programs only emphasize behaviors. Some only emphasize perceptions. That is an incomplete model for change. We focus on behaviors and perceptions, and then consider the client's relationships, priorities, key decisions, strategy, organizational culture, and — where appropriate — domains outside the organization and career. That way, you focus on the whole system and don't leave anything to chance.
6. Setting you apart as an expert, thought leader, and go-to professional in your field. We want you to spike in your field as the top 5%. We want you to develop your own frameworks for coaching (and we show you how), so that you can turn those into products, seminars, speaking engagements, and intellectual property that you can license. That way, you create a firm that is worth something. You create wealth — and you are THE in-demand coach in your marketplace.
7. Approvals with the right organizations. While most clients haven't heard of the ICF, increasingly many large companies, HR administrators, and government agencies are asking about whether you have an ICF credential or not. It never hurts to get the leading credential in your industry, and our program is approved by the ICF for training hours, enough for you to get their designation.
8. Business development skills that have clients coming to you, so you don't have to chase them. The top coaches understand that you have to attract clients to you. You can't chase them (which is no fun anyway). Our 9-part business development model shows you how to get your first clients, then fill your practice, and then go even further and build a firm. That way, there is no limit to your income.
Sign up today!