There are many executive coach training and executive coach certification programs. In this article, we explain some of the reasons the Center for Executive Coaching is different.
1. We focus first on coaching methods and processes that get results for clients in specific situations. Other programs emphasize theory, or a particular philosophy. We start with the pressing challenges and opportunities that leaders face, and the most effective and efficient ways to coach them through their situation.
2. To us, a coaching designation is only a starting point. It is important to have, but not sufficient for success. We go way beyond. We give you tools and methods to coach clients from start to finish, set up a successful practice, and stand apart in the field.
3. Proprietary, proven content. Other programs teach the basic coaching core competencies and generic listening skills, along with basic emotional intelligence, leadership, and psychology material that you can find in any book on the subject on Amazon. We give you content you can’t get anywhere else, based on years of testing and refining from actual work coaching clients in the field and discovering what gets results and causes clients to give referrals and invite the coach back for more work.
4. Our business development guidance is the best in the industry. Whether you are an internal or external coach, you need to position yourself to stand apart. No other program comes close to offering the marketing tools, guidance, and business development support that we do. We even review your marketing message and plan to grow your practice, and are here to discuss situations with prospective clients anytime you wish.
5. We recognize that you are probably going to want to do more than just coaching for your clients, and help you do it. Other programs assume you will only coach. However, clients also ask you to facilitate, assess, train, advise, and sometimes consult. We show you how to pivot so that you provide the solution your client expects. Our program prepares you to earn the right to be a true trusted advisor for your clients, and sit at the table with them as the highest-level strategic partner. We also guide you if you wish to write a book, speak, or undertake other projects to build your credibility as a coach and professional.
6. Personal support. You get on-one-one support whenever you need it. All you have to do is email us and we can schedule a meeting, usually within one business day. It is like having your own help desk on call for you.
7. The support is ongoing. It doesn’t end. We have members from 10 years ago who still contact us from time to time to check in and get our advice.
8. Your fellow students (we prefer to call them members) are fantastic. Top professionals from around the world join our program, so you get to learn from an amazing group of people. You can practice coaching with them and work with them to accumulate coaching hours for your ICF designation or BCC certification. Our members come from companies like Aflac, Amazon, Ancestry, Army Corps of Engineers, Ascension Health, AT&T, Bank of America, Booz Allen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Brown University, Capital One, Caterpillar, Charles Schwab & Co., Cisco, Coca-Cola, Deloitte, Dropbox, Duke Energy, General Atomics, General Electric, Google, Harvard Business School, Inland Steel, International Red Cross, J&J, Kaiser-Permanente, Laser Spine Institute, Lexis Nexis, Macy’s, McKinsey Consulting, Microsoft, MIT, NASA, National Basketball Association (NBA), Nike, Partners Healthcare, Procter & Gamble, Ralph Lauren, Regeneron, Stryker, United Nations, UPS, US Military (all branches), and Zappos. Our members come from almost every sector and industry of the economy and from top leadership roles.
9. You get proven, practical coaching methods, processes, and toolkits that have been road tested and proven around the world, in organizations of all sizes. Our proprietary Coaching Solutions Toolkit is included in our certification program, and has become famous in the coaching community for its practical, results-driven approach to the top challenges that leaders face.
10. The program is practical. It is not academic or theoretical, although it is grounded in best practices and applied theory from psychology, neuroscience, emotional intelligence and leadership research. There is no fluff. Everything we teach is meant to be applied in the field with clients in ways that get results — whether you are an internal or external coach.
11. All of the coach training, mentoring, and support you need to feel confident and be a great coach. There are many ways in the program to practice coaching, have us review your coaching, and be mentored. We are committed to your success and we are a small program, so we can take the time and effort to do what it takes!
12. We have two decades of experience and a great track record of delighted graduates. In fact, approximately 60% of our members come to us through referrals from other members. We train both internal and external coaches.
13.The program is flexible for your busy schedule. Everyone who takes our program is busy with work, children, studies….Our program lets you study at your pace. If you have just 3-4 hours per week you can complete our distance program in 2-4 months and our ICF program in 6-8 months. There is always a way to fit our program into your schedule if you really want to become a certified executive coach. That’s why we are rated the top coaching certification program for busy professionals.
14. The program is modular so that you can choose what works for your budget. You can start with our core program. Then, if you wish, you can add the ICF mentor coaching later on. You can also add a seminar later on, all at no penalty.
15. Multiple certifications are included with our program at no additional cost. With our program, you begin by achieving executive coaching certification. From there, with just a little more work you can receive our Career Coach and Business Coach certifications. You can even create your own specialty certification by completing a research project about how your coaching programs can help leaders and up-and-coming leaders in your specific marketplace (e.g., Technology Leadership Coach, Non-Profit Leadership Coach, Healthcare Leadership Coach, Diversity & Inclusion Coach….).
16. The faculty is excellent — and all of us have successful coaching practices. Did you know that at many other coaching schools the faculty have almost no clients? Not here. Our faculty members are seasoned coaches who know how to get results for clients.
17. With our anytime admission, you can start when you want, and there is no time limit to complete the program. Other programs force you to start at a certain date. Not us. Our rolling admission lets you start when you want. We have an orientation process that gets you up to speed so you can hit the ground running and get access to all resources on your timeline. Also, you can go at your pace, without a time limit to complete the program.
18. We match you up with a pool of fellow students/members for coaching practice, and this accelerates your skills as well as paid coaching hours if you seek an ICF designation. We have a large pool of coaches who want to get their ICF designation. We match coaches up regularly so that they can work together. By working with other coaches, practice hours count as paid hours. That way, you are eligible for your ICF designation more quickly.
19. We have been helping aspiring executive, leadership, career, and business coaches be successful for almost two decades; we know what we are doing. We have been doing this a long time. We learn constantly from the market, because we also work as coaches, and we keep refining our methodologies as the market continues to evolve. We don’t want to be the biggest — just the best — at least for seasoned, highly intelligent professionals who are serious about getting results for executives, leaders, entrepreneurs, professionals, and up-and-coming talent.
THE ABOVE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE THINGS THAT SET US APART, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE HELP YOU GET GREAT CLIENTS AND COACH THEM TO SUCCESS, SO THAT YOU SUCCEED, TOO – WHETHER YOU ARE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL COACH